7 things to do in 7 weeks before 7 weeks of travelling…
- Clean ALL the things. (Declutter some of them.) Eat ALL the food.
- Write a webcomic with the youngest kid as a mother/kid hobby project. Kind of started on this. The youngest has an account on deviant art and writes little comic stuff on there and the oldest is more of a real artist. That’s a picture of his below that I have to get framed one of these days.
Install engineered hardwood floor in office.
4. Plant things. I was looking at my neighbour’s gutters and there’s some really nice little trees sprouting in there. A frugal person could transplant them… Nah, I’m going to stalk the new neighbourhoods on my bike with the dog and take pictures of people’s landscaping to figure out how to do this stuff. Maybe get some tips from 101 centavos if he would be so kind.
5. Re-learn how to write fiction.
6. Conquer the dog’s bridge phobia to help mommy and Sparky get in shape for summer – and save money! Here’s a picture of the swinging bridge that led to this phobia 2 summers ago. Going across the first time was okay, but he had to swim back to the other side. He’s been psychologically broken ever since. And we live in a city where you can’t really get anywhere unless you go over or under bridges.
7. Administrivia – set stock alerts… volunteer at Canada Day rodeo (ooh, I hope I get to tend bar this year!)… bank a/c & bills stuff…
Oh, and maybe plan the trip a little bit this time instead of just getting in and driving in the general direction of the ocean. Although that works too.